Thursday, September 18, 2008

So ---- I am still PREGNANT

The doc finally called - well the nurse did, the doc was in surgery.

My beta on Tuesday was 17 and P4 was 4.4

Today, my beta was 40 and P4 was 5

Betas are supossed to double every 48-72 hours. And 40 is more than double. It is so bizarre how I could bleed this much and still have doubling betas.

As far as the low P4 - P4 should be MUCH higher than 5. At 5dpo I was put on Prometrium (P4) and my dose was 1x a day. At beta #1, my dose was increased to 2x a day. Today, they are keeping it at 2x a day.

One thing I have to remember is that I have heard that since the Prometrium is taken vaginally, it is possible that it does not show up in bloodwork.

I go back on Monday - so, if I am still pregnant, I would expect to see a HUGE jump in the beta.

~~Today I am pregnant, and today I love this baby...~~Today I am pregnant, and today I love this baby...~~Today I am pregnant, and today I love this baby

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS !! GOOD LUCK, PRAYERS TO YOU !! I HOPE FOR THE BEST FOR YOU.

Ariella said...

Sending you lots of beta dust for Monday. Just remember right now you are pg, and happy and love the baby.

Amy said...

CONGRATS!!!

Jill said...

That is such great news!!! Congratulations!!! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers -- sending lots of beta dust for Monday!

Lanie said...

Yeah! Congrats on a great beta. Keep on climbing!! (GL with the P4. Hope it climbs soon.)

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Amy

Anonymous said...

Your progesterone levels will rise with the Prometrium. Trust me...mine was 15 at 13 dpo, we upped the dosage to 2x/day and 2 days later it was up to 28 and continued to rise to the 40's. You should definitely see a rise there. Good luck with everything. I've been where you are and I know how bad it sucks...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...