Sunday, September 21, 2008

OPK as a HPT (Try #2)

I posted about using OPKs as HPTs on my other blog with pg #1. I know that the theory does work when past your expected period. The OPK as HPT reasoning can be read about HERE.

Now, I am a big believer in "if you want to know if you are pg, use a HPT...If you want to know if you are ovulating, use a OPK"

BUT - I am also a frugal person. So, I could not see spending money on a HPT when I have 4 digital OPKs and several cheapie OPKs in the house.

Since my period was due on Thursday (based on trigger and IUI dates) I knew that if I am still pregnant, that the OPK would be positive. This of course is based on my own very un-scientific research.

I have another beta tomorrow, and since I wanted to be prepared, I decided that I would take the OPKs. Again, I was not about to buy more HPTs.

And, if I am still pregnant, then I think it is safe to say that, "yes, again, you can in fact use a OPK as a HPT" Again, remember from the previous blog post (link above) I did not get accurate results until after my period was due.

And I do have to say that I personally think there should be 2 kinds of digital pregnancy tests. It is the coolest thing in the world to want to be pregnant and see that smile face (digital OPK shows a smile if positive). If I was a person that would not be thrilled with a +HPT, then of course I would not want to see a smile face.

So - I think that the makers of digital HPTs should have a version that box says "Please only use this product if you want to be pregnant" and another that says, "If you will be upset and think your parents will probably kill you and have to move far far away and be the shame of your family, please use this test"

Anyway - here are the results of my non-scientific tests. Again, remember that these results are only accurate if I am still pregnant. I have to believe that I am because even if I was not pregnant, I would not be ovulating yet anyway.

I took a pic of just the cheapie first because it was positive right away, while the digital took a few minutes





Oh - this is also a great pic of my granite in my kitchen. Looks even better with positive OPKs on it - Um, ok - just realized that that is gross. Don't worry, I cleaned it big time after the pic.

1 comment:

Ariella said...

I feel like I am holding my breath for tomorrow. Sending you all the baby dust we have to give.

PS: Amy you are so strong and amazing for everything you have gone through. I just want you to know I admire you deeply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...