Monday, June 9, 2008

Last week of Middle School - I hope

This week is final's week at Colin's school. I worked really hard with him the past few weeks and helped him make up some missing assignments. So, it looks as though he might just pass (barely).

This means high school in the fall.

A few weeks ago when this all when down (see posts below) - I made him write a contract. It listed all things that he will do to get his grades up. And also listed what would happen it he did not do what is listed on the contract.

So, I think it worked well. I am making him do another one for the summer. He has a reading list anyway, so that will be included.

I am making him read for at least 1/2 hour each day (can be anything - magazine, newspaper, book, etc) and at the end of each week he will write a "one pager"

Since he has to don some of this for his summer reading list anyway - it is like killing two birds with one stone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...