Monday, June 2, 2008

Cycle update

First I have to say "Sorry" for anyone that reads my blog over the weekends. I hardly ever post on the weekend. I guess I am just not in the "mode".

Anyway - I have a cycle update.

I am on CD3. I got my period late in the day on Sat. Which means that I got my period 2 1/2 days after stopping the progesterone. Which I think is pretty good.

I asked my doctor if Sat would be CD1 as I did not get my period until about 5-6 pm. The nurse said as long as it was full red flow, then it would be CD1. Um, yeah - FULL red flow.

So, I went in today for CD3 b/w and u/s. I do have a very small cyst on my right side. The doc said it was really small and looks like it was going away on it's own. He said that if it was bigger then I would have to sit this cycle out. So.....thank God for small favors.

So, I decided to just suck up and deal with the Clomid side effects. I am doing this for a couple of reasons -

1) My body actually responds to Clomid. I have done 4 cycles already. On the 2 cycles that I have been monitored, I produced at least 2 follies. And the last time I got 4. Mind you the 4 were not all big, but I did have one big one in the lead.

2) I did get pregnant while using Clomid/IUI - so why change it?

3) My Doc wants to do injectables next after Clomid. I am not sure if I am ready for that.

So - I will start Clomid 100mg tonight and then go back on CD11 to check out my progress. If we use the same timeline as last month, then I will probably trigger on CD11 and have IUI on CD13.

1 comment:

Ariella said...

Sounds like a great plan. I hope this IUI is your sticky BFP. GL on Clomid again. I know the side effects are awful but if it works then why jump to injectables right away!?! (((((HUGS))))))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...