Tuesday, March 31, 2009

NT Scan - take 2

I went today for the second attempt of the NT scan. The baby was not is a good position last week to take any measurements, so we had to go back again today.

If it did not happen today, then I would only be able to get the bloodwork portion of the test done. It has to be done before 14 weeks, and I will be 14 weeks on Thursday. So, needless to say, I was so happy that the baby was in a good position this time.

The tech scanned for a while, trying to get just the right shot. She was able to take measurements and the baby measured a perfect 13w5d. :) She was also able to get the NT measurement of 1.7. From everything that I have read, anything under 2.0 is considered good. She was also able to see the nasal bone, which is a good thing (In general, a down's baby does not have a prominent nasal bone). So, they took my blood and I guess I will get the results when I go back in 2 weeks.

I also had my 1 hour glucose test. Yummy. It actually was not too bad, really just tasted like super sweet orange soda - it was cold, so that made it easier to drink. I had to fast for 4 hours before the test, and they were running behind. So, by the time I did the test at around 3:30, I had not eaten since 9AM. I was actually starting to get the shakes. So, I am sure my numbers are going to be crappy. I have a history of very low blood sugar, I hope that is not the case again.

I did gain back 2 of the 5 pounds that I lost last time. So, as of right now, I am still -3 pounds.

So, there is my appointment update :)

4 comments:

kjames106 said...

Glad you got all your measurements! Sounds like a healthy little baby!! So, I guess I'll be the first to ask... are you guys going to find out what you are having?

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

Nope, not gonna find out the gender. BUt, I think my husband really wants to - so I am sure this is gonna torture him LOL

kjames106 said...

And me!!! JK! Guess I'll have to wait another 25 weeks!

Maria (MKC101103) said...

That's a great measurement!!! I'm so so so happy for you that things are going so well :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...