Friday, October 17, 2008

My first due date

My first due date is Oct 29th. After my first loss, I thought FOR SURE my due date would really not bother me too much because I was sure I would be pregnant again.

Well, I was pregnant again, and again. That does not mean that I am pregnant on my due date.

I would be on matenity leave right now, the nursery woud be set up, Colin would be preparing for a sibling.

The family would be full of anticipation, filled with excitement.

I am sure that Colin would be wondering if the baby would be born of his birthday.

My shower would have happened months ago and I am sure by now I would have organized everything nice.

The spare room (AKA baby's room) would be cleared out and decorated for a baby. I refuse to clear out the room. An empty room is just too hard to look at every day.

My sister announced she was pregnant on the same day I did. She was about 4 weeks behind me. I am sure we would be looking foward to having cousins so close in age.

My belly would be big and round, and I am sure I would be very uncomfortable right now. Trust me, I would take all the uncomfortablness in the world if that meant I got to bring a child into our family.

What will I feel as my other dates come and go.

October 29, March 3, May 28

3 comments:

Jill said...

Sending you (((BIG HUGS))) -- you are in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

It will get easier as time goes on the first dates of when you would be due are hard. I passed mine in August when our first baby would have been born, it was sad and I was angry but, I had to let it go and look ahead with hope.

Be well and stay strong.

Maria (MKC101103) said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this. But I read your post that you decided to adopt (yeah!!!) and that means you'll now have so many more wonderful dates to look forward to. The first being Nov. 3rd!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...