Friday, November 14, 2008

Missed class #4

My husband went without me to Class #4. And it was a class that I really wanted to go to. There was going to be a nurse visiting and I had a bunch of questions.

Anyway, the trainer said that I could either make up the class by just reading the chapter, or could go over the stuff when our home inspection is done. Both ways are easy.

I missed because I had to take my son to the ER - you can read about all the details on my main blog.

And, I am starting to reconsider the types of children we will accept for placement. We have always said that we would consider age 0-5, this is staying the same. We said we would take a sibling group of 2, this is staying the same. We have said that we would probably only want a Caucasian child. This may be changing.

When I say "we" - I really mean me. my husband keeps saying that he does not care. I know, I know - I should not care either. After all we want a child in our home. Does it really matter what race?

Before I get totally flamed about this post, please let me assure you that I am not a racist person at all. But I thought it might be easier to raise a child that more resembles my husband and I.

But, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that not even my biological child looks like me. Both my husband and I are about as fair as they come. We get a sunburn in the shade. My son always has a great tan, has brown hair and brown eyes. My husband and are blonde (ish) and both have light eyes.

In fact, besides that fact that I look young, many people think I am a babysitter.

Again, the more I think about it, the more I think that we should consider all races. And no, I am not settling. I am just realizing that there are more important things in a family than race.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...