Friday, July 11, 2008

U/S today - not good news

I am 6w1d. The doc is basing everything on my IUI date.

I went in for my first u/s today. There was no yolk sac and no fetal pole. Although I knew there was a possibility that we would not see a heartbeat, I knew that by this time we would see the gestational sac, the yolk sac, and a fetal pole. I was hoping for a heartbeat.

The PA did the scan today, and she looked and looked and said, "this is not good news, we really should be seeing at least the yolk sac by this point"

I will be going back on Monday for a re-check, but she says at this point it does not look good.

You know it is bad when your nurse says, "Don't worry about the co-payment, we will figure that out later" And then grabs the tissues for me.

I am devestated. I know people will say, "Hey, maybe you just have a late implanter" or "Maybe it just is a late bloomer" etc - now as much as I WANT those things to be true - When the doctors office says it does not look good, I kind of have to believe them.

My husband was there with me today - thank God. I was not bawling hysterical. Having him there helped me feel not as alone.

OH and THANK GOD I decided not to go for this u/s on my birthday!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt..and it sucks...BIG TIME. I am so sorry you have to go through the stress of waiting. I will anxiously await your post on Monday. I would love for a miracle to happen for you.

If you need a fellow infertile who's been through what you have, feel free to email me. leahboral@yahoo.com.

Best of luck...

Leah in Austin, TX

Kristen said...

I'm so so sorry this is what you have to deal with. It isn't fair.

You will be kept in my thoughts and prayers this weekend!!!!

Maria (MKC101103) said...

I know what you're going through, I had a b/o that we discovered over New Year's. I'm so glad your DH was there with you and that you didn't go on your birthday. We're all pulling for things to turn around at Monday's u/s.

Maria (MKC101103) said...

Just replying to your comment on my blog...

They tested my b/o so as long as they can get a few cells from your D&C they should be able to test for you. Sometimes it's better to get answers, but sometimes it's not. I hope you find the answers if you want/need them.

Although, we're still not giving up hope that Monday will bear good news for you!!!

As for IVF w/PGD...I have been through 4 IVF's so I'm full of moral and technical support. SAIF is has dozens of ladies who have been through it as well and can offer all the support and guidance you may need. We couldn't have gotten through it without each other, sometimes on a daily basis. You are strong enough to get through it, should that be the route you decide to take when the time comes that you're ready for it. I wish I could give you a hug. xoxox

CG said...

I am so sorry that this had to happen. Ill keep hoping that you have good news by Monday.

Ariella said...

I am so sorry. I was really hoping for the best. ((((HUGS))))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...