Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Chicken is not my friend

when i was pregnant in Feb/March I felt great - except if I tried to eat Chicken. My stomach was never upset. I was one of the lucky ones.

Right before I had my first u/s the smell of chicken (cooked, sandwich meat, etc) would totally make me gag. I took one bite of a chicken sandwich and had to spit the thing out.

Well, with this pregnancy, so far I have been fine. My boobs are REALLY REALLY sore. They are heavy to begin with and I seriously think they grow every day.

Anyway, I have had chicken several times and have been fine.

Until today. I made asian style chicken - one of Colin's favorites. The first few bites were OK - then all of a sudden I was gagging. I don't know if it was a texture thing. But, it was gross and it had to come out of my mouth ASAP!!!!

I spit whatever was in my mouth into a napkin and could not finish anything else on my plate.

Totally sucks!!!! I really don't eat red meat except chopped meat, so chicken has always been a default for dinner. We usually have chicken 4-5 times a week.

I hope this is just a phase - I like chicken too much not to eat if for the next 9 month :(

1 comment:

Lisa said...

My boss couldn't eat or even smell chicken for her entire pregnancy without vomiting. Scares the hell out of me because chicken is about all I do eat! I hope this phase passes quickly for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...