The Meme originated over an idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure.
It's a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were- For Sale: baby shoes, never worn.
Here are the rules:
- Write your own six word memoir.
- Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
- Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
- Tag five more blogs with links.
- And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
I have never been tagged before - and it seems like this one is pretty hard. I really thought about my 6 words. Six words to describe my life. I again thought the same way that Lisa thought - there are many things that define my life.
But after I thought about it, I came up with:
Cherish Today - Because Tomorrow it's Yesterday.
I actually remember writing something similar in my HS yearbook.
I really try not to have regrets in life. I remember seeing a quote somewhere that said, "Life Is What Happens When You Are Making Other Plans"
Life is a road trip. Sometimes you make a wrong turn, sometimes you find a shortcut, sometimes your destination changes. But, I always enjoy the ride.