Thursday, September 6, 2007

I am a slacker

I really want to keep up this blog. I did not post yesterday, sorry. Got my period, finally after a mere 75 days. Lucky for me I got it without meds. This is a first for me. I have had only 4 cycles this whole year. I had to go on meds to get the first period in 2007 (after months of no period). Then 87 days later, meds again.

I tried 2 cycles of clomid and each of those cycles were about 35 days. I never ovulated on either one.

We are on a break until I see an RE in Nov. The break is for personal reasons. As much as I would like to have a baby, we planned a huge family cruise for April 2008. This was booked in Aug 2006. I thought I would have had a baby way before the cruise and be pregnant again on the cruise. Obviously, I never got pregnant. So I figured out that if I get pregnant between June and November then I can not go on the cruise. The cruise does not allow women over 24 weeks pregnant to board the cruise ship. And you need a note from your doctor faxed prior to the cruise stating how many weeks you will be when the ships departs the dock.

So now, I finally get my period after not having it for the whole summer. Even though I have not ovulated on my own or on Clomid, I now have to be dilligent about figuring out our timing. For almost a year I have been trying to get pregnant, and now for a few months I will be trying not to get pregnant. We are not using any protection and we figure if we do get pregnant it would be a miracle. We will then just not go on the cruise.

If I am not pregnant by Nov, I will go to an RE. That will be over a year of trying.

1 comment:

Busted said...

Ugh, I hate the having to coordinate plans around not ever knowing where you will be with TTC. We were supposed to go visit family in Germany this winter but had to cancel because we don't know whether I will be pregnant and not wanting to travel, or if we will be mid-IVF.

Enjoy your cruise!

-Schmoodle (bustedbabymaker.blogspot.com)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...