Friday, May 13, 2011

Kids Clothing Weekly Challenge - Day 4 & 5

I DID blog about this yesterday, but I guess blogger is having issues. Anyway - I will just blog about day 4 & 5 in one post.

Yesterday I made a shirred top and quick shorts. I sewed MUCH longer than an hour. Had tons of issues with my machine, but - in the end I like the result for the most part.

I did the sleeves 3 times and I am still not satified. But, good enough for a pic. Her shorts are too small, but again - good enough for the pic. This is the first time that I shirred, and I really like the result. It was really easy - and there are tutorials all over the web.

I actually made Lil J's cape on day one. I had a school trip today, so I saved it until today to post about.

I bought the "fabric" not too long ago. It was actually a body pillow case. I just loved the print, and I got it on clearance for only $1 SCORE. I still have a bit left; so I will make a skirt out of that.

It was hard to find boyish stuff in my stash. A floral super hero cape is not too cool. lol.

So, here you go. Day 4 and 5.





















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...