Monday, May 9, 2011

Kids Clothing Week Challenge (KCWC) - Day 1



I found out about the Kids Clothing Week Challenge through a message board that I frequent. Basically - you have to sew for one hour each day for a week. Sewing all kids clothes. What is great about it is that it is not a strict play only by the rules type of thing. Sew for more than an hour, fine. Sewing less, A-OK. Sew "kinda" clothes, no problemo.

My goal this week is to make something new each day, and to make something for Lil J - he always get slighted lol.

Today, I decided to make a Ruffled Bonnet based on The Ruffled Bonnet Tutorial from The Cottage Home. She has lots of tutorials on her site, in fact - I used her Party Dress pattern for the Easter Dresses. The bonnet was super easy (and FAST) to make, I love it so much - I think I am going to make some for gifts!

So - here is my Day One Project

Ruffled Bonnet for Elsie

















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really adorable. Well done you! It's my first time doing KCWC

~Beth D. said...

oh my! that is so adorable. good job!

Sabrina said...

Adorable! Here from the flickr KCWC. I've joined for the first time too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...