Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cora's Head

I wanted to share some pictures of Cora's head. For 2 reasons. One - I have been very open about everything on this blog, and this should be no different. Two - it really helps me document everything about her head - so if I need before and after things, I have them.

If you did not read my previous posts, we had Cora's 4 month doc appointment. We noticed that Cora's head is almost always tilted to the left. She has done this since birth. At first we did not pay that much attention to it, as we just thought it had to do with lack of head control. I probably would not have even mentioned to the doc.

My mom, on the other hand, was insistent that I bring it up. If you actually go back through all my pics, you can see that her head it always tilted. And if it is not, it is because she is wedged in the couch cushions.

We also noticed that her head is a weird shape.

Turns out that her head shape is probably due to the head tilt thing.

We go to the Physical Therapist in the AM, I was given some medical terms - but I will not post them here until we get an actual diagnosis.

But, here are some pictures of her head tilt and her wierd head shape. You can actually see that from the front it might not look like that big a deal. But from the back - - you can actually see that her one ear is actually tucked into her shirt, while the other is far away from it. Oh - and ignore the ugly birthmark on the back of her head.

Sadly, her dead is like that 99% of the time. I tried to get her to smile, but it was getting late in the day and I was also trying to hold her with one hand.



















3 comments:

Leah said...

Awwww...beautiful little Cora! Hopefully the PT will be able to stretch those muscles and get her into shape in no time! I'll say prayers for her. And her mommy! I know you have to be worried...ugh.

Kristina said...

Hmm, wonder what made her do the head tilt? Could it be from the womb?

Anyway, she is beautiful! She looks EXACTLY like you!!!

tryingin2007 said...

the flat spot looks pretty mild. keep up with the pt and repositional therapy. (g's was much worse and the facial asymmetry was very obvious.)

(roaringrock)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...