Monday, April 11, 2011

A cute 30 minute skirt

I have seen a couple of simple skirts, and since the weather is getting warmer; and because Cora really have no spring/summer clothes, I figured I would whip up on of these cute skirts. I knew I could just use "scraps" since the length of of the skirt is only about 12 inches.

From start to finish, it was less than 30 minutes. And, that is everything - picking fabric, cutting, pressing, sewing, etc. I really think I am going to make several of these for her spring wardrobe. I just added 2 yo-yo flowers to the shirt. But, I really did not attach them too well to the shirt, since it was not going to be "the" shirt. I realized that I have not one short sleeve shirt, so long just had to do for now lol

It really is just a gathered tube...I will try to do a pic tutorial for the next one that I make. But, it might be a while, since I have not even started their Easter dresses.

So, I learned 3 things today:
1 - Cora NEEDS new clothes for spring
2 - She also needs some spring shoes
3 - We REALLY need to seed our lawn



2 comments:

Kristina said...

VERY adorable!! Do you know of any sewing blogs that you really love? I'm a sewing lady too. I recently made a summer dress for my daughter. With a homemade flower. it turned out so cute. I love seeing the things you create!

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

@Kristina - I do have some sewing blogs listed on the right hand side of my blog. There are others too, I will try to create a list and make is a separate blog post :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...